2011 Preservation Award Winners
2011 Outstanding Restoration/Preservation
Cox Market, 401 El Camino Real
2011 Neighborhood Beautification Award
Vanderlip House, 665 West Main Street (owned by Greg and Melissa Figge)
2011 Judges Special Recognition Award
515 West 3rd Street (owned by Chris & Kevin Hockenberry)
2010 Preservation Award Winners
2010 Outstanding Restoration/Preservation
The Howes House, 145 Pacific Street (owned by Bill and Sharon Teter)
The Teters removed many years of un-permitted, inappropriate additions to the home to carefully return it to its original 1920’s appearance.
2010 Outstanding Historically Sensitive Addition
150 MountainView (owned by Lori and Richard Blackburn)
The Blackburns added on to the rear of the home with a family room on the south side and a master bedroom and bath on the north side. They kept the style of the home in tact by matching the windows, the stucco and the scale of the rooms to the original Spanish Revival home.
2010 Neighborhood Beautification Award
410 Pacific Street (owned by Christian Garner)
The Spanish Revival home was refurbished with wood multi-paned windows to match the original, new paint, plus new landscaping and hardscaping.
2010 Special Judges Stewardship Award presented to Victor Andersen, owner of the Tustin Blacksmith Shop on South C St.
Andersen has owned the business and the historic Western False-front building since 1947. He has maintained the building and the blacksmithing business since that time. The judges commended him for his preservation of this historic icon in Old Town Tustin.